Subject: [Leica] The Leica EBPG 5000!!!?!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 14 01:51:49 2006

The Leica high-tech 'Nan-o-Sketch' will soon open to public
This 5000 model is not going to have 50 megapixels go to 1/5000th of a
second have 50 on a roll.. Its going to come in at 4,000,000 USD so not a
stocking stuffer for others than Bill Gates who I could see would like to
play with it endlessly.
Electron Beam Pattern Generator (semiconductor industry)
electron-beam lithography (EBL) system
Its a high-tech 'Nan-o-Sketch' "will soon open to public"
What it is is an Etch-o-sketch which exits in one twentieth the thickness of
a human hair, turns out they don't make pencil sharpeners that sharp. Makes
it hard to make plans when you are designing the schematic for a new cream
rinse,
The question is ...
Why call it a "Leica? Isn't it some sort of brand name? Or has it just
become a generalized term of affection like "Kleenex" or as in"
Hey Bill that's a real NICE 4 million dollar dust sized Etch-a-sketch you've
got there! that you can put several of on the point of a needle  How man did
you say? I think I'll name it "Leica" after my dead monkey, would have been
the passing thought...
An interesting article if you reference it more than once you have to join,
I joined. I'm now a member of the Ohio state something or another, Class of
"never", but I get frustrated and feel a oneness with just about anything
and like to finish what I start reading till the punchline at the end though
generally not a Joiner...bellows mender or Tinker, But now have another user
name and password to put in my database,
Round in the ends and high in the middle, EBPG.
More like open ended at the ends and encapsulated in the middle.
Gossip is the art of saying nothing in such a way that leaves practically
nothing unsaid.
The same thing happened today that happened yesterday, only to different
people.
WW

Here the real article which I didn't report all that accurately,
http://www.thelantern.com/media/paper333/news/2006/01/12/Science/Osus-HighTe
ch.nanOSketch.Will.Soon.Open.To.Public-1340767.shtml?norewrite&sourcedomain=
www.thelantern.com

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon