Subject: [Leica] Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question
From: dmdorn_ct_usa at mac.com (David M. Dorn)
Date: Wed Jan 11 06:38:16 2006

If the chip in the camera lens adjusts to compensate for proper
exposure as in the example given, 400ASA to 200ASA, doesn't this point
to the fact the the Cannon's touted "low noise" is really somewhat
hyped?  If I set my ASA to 400 but the camera is really using 200, then
I would expect the noise to be less.  I assume one could test this by
making reading with an incident meter of a test card and then compare
the camera's exposure setting with the meter's reading.  I would do so
but I still only shoot film :-)

Regard,

David

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question)