Subject: [Leica] Adobe Lightroom
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Jan 9 10:46:46 2006

This is really good news - I've downloaded the application and willtrying it
out and comparing to Aperture which I also have.
I've been working on an in-depth look at Aperture and will post a linkto my
"reveiw" if that's the right word, when it's ready to share. Ihate the folks
who use something for about 3 days and then leap tojudgement. Good software
takes a lot longer than that to evaluate.
However, with Aperture I have one observation that just leaps out:
theconversion from RAW on my Canon 1Ds Mk II is not as good as Camera
RAWprovides. Until that is repaired, and Apple's track history with FinalCut
Pro indicates it will be, Aperture is merely interesting.
But detailed thoughts are to come.
Note: I have no relationship with Apple in any way shape or form otherthan
using their computer equipment, nor do I have any relationship inany way
shape or form with Canon or Adobe. At one time I did have arelationship with
Apple with regard to testing operating systems. Whatthat NDA is still in
effect I have not been testing the particularsoftware for which the
agreement is in place.
I say these things to keep things open and above-board. I don't ownApple,
Adobe or Canon stock either.
ABOn 1/9/06, Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:> This just
out:>>
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200601/010906Lightroom.html>>
 SAN JOSE, Calif. ? Jan. 9, 2006 ? Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE)
today introduced the public beta of Adobe(r) Lightroom?, an all-new digital
imaging solution for professional photographers. With its modular,
task-based and streamlined environment, Lightroom's goal is to deliver a
complete photography workflow.>>>