Subject: [Leica] Leica M7 and DX
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 3 20:26:29 2006

In a message dated 1/3/2006 1:49:02 AM Central Standard Time,
mark_wilkins@yahoo.com writes:
Just wondering if anyone's had any success getting Leica USA to fix
this problem, or whether I'm stuck with it and should get used to
metering without the help of the camera. :)

Why would you tink Leica would not fix the problem?  I once had an R3 with a
temperature problem that only showed up when the temp was between 32F and 27
F.  I sent it in and they fixed it with no problem what ever under warranty.

>From the description of your problem it should be nothing more than
>cleaning
the wiper  as it sounds like a contact problem.  This should be a simple
fix.
Although since the M7 is under warranty, I would bet they would just simply
replace the assembly rather than take the chance of it happening again with
that
particular assembly.  Then ship it back to you with a smile and a thank you
for using their service.  Never had Leica balk at fixing a warranty or non
warranty repair.

gene