Subject: [Leica] FuXored
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jan 2 19:39:42 2006

At 07:30 PM 1/2/2006, Ted Grant wrote:
>I had enquired about an adapter from Stephen Gandy so I might use the
>Noctilux on the 20D, but was informed it wouldn't be possible to focus
>properly much to my disappointment. As I figured with it open at f1.0 and
>camera at 3200, I truly could shoot by the dark of night where others
>might not even see their way. ;-)

For a few months in 2005, Stephen advertises a macro adaptor to use the M
lens on different SLRs as macro lens. Sadly, the advertising went away,
presumably either the cost of the production is too high (vs. potential
sales) since technically, it's just a mechanical mount.

General usage of M lens is of course "impossible" except for macro. Stephen
also sells a gadget where you have RF coupling and correct focusing, but
not directly to your lens :-) So you focus using that inbetween gadget,
then transfer the distance reading to the M lens. I can't imagine it's
precise enough to focus a Noct...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] FuXored)