Subject: [Leica] PAW2005 last
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon Jan 2 12:44:30 2006

Op 2-jan-06, om 21:26 heeft Michiel Fokkema het volgende geschreven:

> Philippe Orlent wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't result in a bull's eye photograph every time either,
>> though :-)
>> But if it means one thing, it's this: sometimes I hit, sometimes I
>> miss. If I miss, another opportunity will come by. And if I miss,
>> I learn. (if not by myself, then by excellent photographers like you)
>> And one day, I will make the 'perfect' photograph. All the
>> photographs taken before that, are just paving the road towards
>> that one photograph.
>> It keeps me going, it keeps me amused and I tend to content myself
>> with that.
> Dear Phillippe,
>
> What will you do when you made the 'perfect' photograph? Stop
> photographing?

Thanks for your comment, Michiel.
I was just trying to explain that -to me and concerning photography-
the road is at least as important as the destination.
Almost the same as what you are saying:

(quoting Michiel)
In my opinion the photograph itself is not so important for amateurs
like us. Of course it is very nice when we make a good photograph but
for me the process has become much more important.
I think I'm also into your Eastern way of photographing more and more.
Now a days it can easily take me an half hour before the shutter
clicks, then the developing, printing, washing and toning of the
print. In the end, sometimes I don't even show the print to other
people because I already had my fun and don't care that much anymore.

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] PAW2005 last)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PAW2005 last)
Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] PAW2005 last)