Subject: [Leica] FYI
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sat Dec 31 22:21:49 2005

Nothing to do with me, it is Erwin's site.

For me the two most most interesting of the group are  the 21 Biogon - what
a remarkable lens for 1954 - and the 35 mm f2 Distagon of the mid  '60's.

IME, optics have improved quite a bit in the past 10-20 years, so current
generation lenses are the way to go.

At this point in time Contarex lenses are of interest mainly to collectors.
Can't help but admire their build quality and performance for the era.