Subject: [Leica] Greetings from snowy Poland
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Thu Dec 29 02:22:23 2005

Hi everyone,

Just because I am not posting much, it does not mean that I am not
watching you ;-)

Belated Christmas/Channukah greetings, and Happy 2006 to all. I am
spending the holidays in Wroclaw, Poland, with a side trip to the coast
city of Gdansk, which I have not visited before and which proved to be
quite a beautiful and interesting place.

The other day I discovered to my delight that the central square of
Wroclaw is a free, city-provided hot spot, so I could actually sit on
the bench with my laptop and be online. The only problem is that winter
has hit Poland, so while the city looks beautiful, decked out in snow
and sunshine, sitting on the bench with my laptop would be a bit too
cold and my laptop battery would probably conk out after 1/2 hour.

Fortunately, my Canon battery is coping extremely well with the
freezing temperatures, and there are about 400 pictures in the bag so
far, with many more expected during the remainder of my stay. So be
ready for some spam from me when I get back to NL on Jan. 7th :-)

Oh, for Alastair: I am busy looking through the 1800+ FOM2 pictures and
I must say that it feels really great to be associated with this
project. You will have my "verdicts" before New Year's Eve.

Once again, Happy New Year to all.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands