Subject: [Leica] American Robin
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Dec 26 09:35:03 2005

> > What do you think of the framing?  I wanted to include the bird's legs
> > and
> > feet but the swaying branch made precise composition difficult with the
> > 800mm (effective) focal length.

Frankly, I'm not wild about it.  Technically it's great - if you
wanted to show field markings around the head, it couldn't be better -
but it's a field guide detail, not a hang-on-the-wall shot.

I'd say it's a shot for the after-workshop bs session. "And I was
able to get THIS close before he flew off..."

Or it's the punch line to a bad joke about a spring that was so cold
the robins froze their butts off....

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com