Subject: [Leica] Playing with Photoshop/Orion Alternates
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Dec 23 08:31:28 2005

A few days ago I posted a few shots of Orion and the night sky taken
with my Digilux 2.  Since then I've had a chance to play with them in
Photoshop a bit to try and enhance the sense they were winter shots
taken on a particularly chilly night and to correct a few defects.

All Digilux 2 ISO 100 f2.0 @ 8 seconds "24mm."  What's new is the use
of a cooling filter, some minor level adjustments, and some cloning
to correct the blown highlights.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think about the changes.

Orion 9 PM: Original (B&W)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020077_web_sm

Orion 9 PM: New (Color)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020077_web_sm2

Orion Midnight: Original
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020037_web_sm

Orion Midnight: New
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020037_web_sm2

Concord River Midnight: Original (in a rather unworldly color)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020050_web_sm

Concord River Midnight: New (more like midnight blue ,now)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/L1020050_web_sm2

Many thanks.

--
Regards,