Subject: [Leica] Displaying DRM RAW files using Photoshop CS
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Thu Dec 22 20:30:18 2005

Hi All- I'd like to thank everyone who responded with information and
suggestions as to how to open my RAW files in Photoshop. At first I
tried the enclosed Leica CD received with the DMR. Downloading PS
Elements 3, I was able to open the images taken with the DRM in the RAW
mode. This is fine, but I prefer to have them open in my regular
version of PS CS. Using the suggestion of loading the later  Adobe RAW
Plugin, I found it on the Adobe website. Camera Raw 2.4 update
(product: DNG converter, version 2.4 dated 4/7/2005 for Macintosh) did
the trick. I printed the page giving the steps to follow, and in a few
minutes had it done. Now- I have to decide when to shoot RAW and when
plain old hi res JPEGS.

Once again- Thanks a lot!  I am amazed how fast you can get photo info
and HELP when you need it via the LUG. You are a great group!!

Happy Holidays-stay sober, have fun and good health to all of you.
Stasys