Subject: [Leica] M5 folklore - what was the serial number where the"breaking shaft" problem on the M5 was fixed?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Dec 19 08:37:43 2005

Hmmm.  More googling provided answers, although mixed in accuracy.

On reference suggested the 1300xxx was where the problem was fixed.  The
problem is a shutter roller shaft cracking.

But I found a reference were 1340xxx and 1350xxx were pivotal batches
too.

1340xxx is where the problem is fixed, according to S.Krauter.  I have
sent her an email directly.

Another reference suggests that 1350xxx was the serial number range
where one is "safe" from the problem.  I suppose that is true if the fix
was in 1340xxx

Regards,

Vick Ko