Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Back to basics, lighting the tree
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Dec 18 06:53:54 2005

Mary came home from school this week with three priorities.  First was to
finish a major paper for her final grade, second was to catch up on sleep,
and third was to get our Christmas tree up and decorated.  This weeks PAW is
really a family snapshot, but sometimes items of vast personal importance
can be trivial.  For example, the reed organ in the background was carried
by wagon from Connecticut to Nebraska in the 1860's and was restored by
SWMBO's Grandfather.  The candlesticks in the background were turned by my
father under duress from my mother who wanted two inch candles for a
Thanksgiving meal many years ago.  So, sometimes, trivial items of little
meaning to outsiders are very important.

Anyway, first up:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album317/maryandthelights

Second, getting busted is sometimes fun.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album317/maryglares

Last,  my personal favorite although flawed as a photograph by an overly
bright background and a just missed focus.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album317/marysettinglights

So, to all of my many friends at the LUG saloon, have a wonderful end of
year.  Spend time with your loved ones; reflect on those departed; do at
least one act of charity toward the undeserving; and keep pushing that
shutter, who knows what could happen.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Don's PAW Back to basics, lighting the tree)