Subject: [Leica] WAS: Ted, May I beg to differ? NOW: Sleeping child lost.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 11 20:44:42 2005

Steve Barbour said and showed>
> here is a photo of a child I took last year using the S'lux 75mm 1.4  wide
> open... I always liked the unusual look of this image, when I  took it I
> commented that the child looked "carved out of marble" ...  the child was
> sleeping, at that time. She recently died, I made a  print of this for the
> parents...
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-71354.html <<<<<

Hi Steve,
I remember this picture with the child & bear. Yes she has a completely
different look, as you say, like carved out of marble while sleeping. What a
shame to lose such a young one. :-( I wanted to say more but in this case I
just can't put words to screen. We see your wonderful pictures so often with
never a thought the child may not make it.

However, when we hear of losing one that we know from your pictures, I like
many others I'm sure, feel the loss far more than if we had not known the
infant through the picture.

But your wonderful child captured moments must continue, because without a
doubt you give great pleasure to so many parents and others like those on
the list.

ted

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] WAS: Ted, May I beg to differ? NOW: Sleeping child lost.)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Ted, May I beg to differ?)