Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Dec 10 13:31:44 2005

My ears are too bad to tell.  My son's ears tell him Tubes.

He has speaker wire that he spent something like $10 a foot for.  I use #18
lamp wire.  Sounds the same to me.

But it is not my ears that I depend on, but a scientific understanding of
the sound.  I get into this kind of discussion all the time, but I can not
scientifically tell, nor have been convinced of a scientific argument that
states there are differences, if properly configured.

But enjoy your music, it is for your enjoyment, only.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

After listening for an extended length of time, there is always something
"missing", when it comes to transistor.

I gave up trying to find a solid state device which sounded like the "real"
thing, long ago.

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) ([OT] tube / solid stateRE: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")
Reply from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J. Herring) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M")