Subject: [Leica] Signs
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Dec 10 04:17:11 2005

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I think that for pictures of signs the southern US is a real goldmine.
> Both the various wall paintings on run-down buildings and the funny
> church signs like the one Craig showed.
>
> Nathan
Nathan,

rural France can be a good source, loads on wall-ends, faded amd peeled
after
many decades. The number is reducing though as they get painted over or the
building gets torn down. Belgium is good for signs in some areas.

Getting them to work on B&W though is a problem. Over here (UK) most have
been
snuffled up by speculators of one sort or another.

Peter

Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Nathans photo 48)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Signs)