Subject: [Leica] Salgado' s work
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Dec 6 14:19:36 2005

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@comcast.net> wrote:

> Because I believe that his work on poverty,
> industrialization, migrations is so 'beautiful' that it reaches audiences
> other documentary photographers do not reach. So I really am saddened that
> he has "broadened his horizons" because I believe that by broadening them
> he
> dilutes the power of the work he was doing.

Eternal pessimist B.D., I believe you are underestimating the power and
appeal of his current work, in particular how he draws the connections
between the species we know best (humans) and other species.  His previous
work will not be diluted by the current project and in fact he is reaching
new audiences who will be drawn through his new work to the older projects.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com