Subject: [Leica] Salgado' s work--reflection
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Mon Dec 5 06:01:11 2005

A few years back I saw the end of a documentary on Salgado qhere he was
interviewed. His photos of children came to be as a fluque. When he visited
the diferent countries to shoot his documentary photos, children would come
to him pestering to be photographed. He would try to brush them off until he
decided that the best strategy was to take the pictures so they leave him
be. As it happens, his children photographs were the ones that got much
attention. So usualy, I think, his children photographs are from more
willing subjects. His photos being staged, hard to beleive.

peace