Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 47: Thanksgiving 2005
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Dec 1 02:03:45 2005

I appreciate the kind words, Ted.  I discovered some years ago that I do
NOT enjoy posing people for photos...I felt uncomfortable directing too
much.  At the time, it felt like a fault, like I wasn't good enough at
imagining the photo I wanted beforehand.  This was especially true when I
would try to shoot portraits for pay.  Now I accept that posing is not my
strength, and I'm much happier shooting things as they happen.  And I think
my pix are better too, at least when I succeed!  Less consistent, maybe,
but you can't have it all.  :)

Even when I posed my wife while she was pregnant, my favorite photos were
usually the ones I took in between or after the posing, where she relaxed
and I took just one more shot.

Best,
Aaron

PS--You had better be careful how far you extend your generous offer of a
trip to England when you win the lottery...I have a suspicion you may end
up with a whole plane full of LUGgers!!!  :)  :)

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 47: Thanksgiving 2005)