Subject: [Leica] OT? J. Getty exhibits
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 30 17:18:48 2005

We were down in the LA area over the Thanksgiving weekend, and on the way
back, we stopped at the Getty Center for a couple hours. If you have never
been there, it's worth a trip. The architecture is quite striking and so
are the surrounding views. Currently there are some special exhibits
including Press Photography through the ages. I got to see the Capa
Normandy photos as prints for the first time!! Also Weegee photos. Sad to
say, as a neophyte photog, I don't know much about Weegee at all before
this. One interesting thing about Weegee is that in order to get the time
advantage over his competitors (he would have loved a digital camera!), he
would develop his film in taxi, and even in subway!! Also, Julius Schulman
just gave his photos to the Getty Center and they have a nice selection
there.

The Getty Center also have paintings etc. but we didn't have time to see
any of those. I guess a number of those press photogs must have used Leica
(including Capa?) so this is not quite OT...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Leica Cassette in an MP?)