Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Nov 30 14:06:01 2005

At 01:41 PM 11/30/2005, B. D. Colen wrote:

>I'm not Ted, and I don't play Ted on t.v. - But good God, is this really a
>serious question..."assume that the flat contrast is from the lens
>alone...do you think a lens like this is more detrimental than adding to"
>the photos? No, of course not, not unless you actually like flat, washed
>out, gray images. There's a reason that Leica no longer makes the same
>lenses it made in the 1930s! :-)

That is a serious question. I guess the question is "how many people like
the 30s look?" :-) I mean not everything of course, but clearly photography
isn't always about the most detailed, the highest contrast? I mean, there
are people shooting with Holga, Lomo, Lensbaby etc.! (but I confess I have
never tried any of those)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)
Reply from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] Retro Blast... IIIA and a Summar)