Subject: [Leica] Elmar goes to Bergen
From: dfeingold at hotmail.com (david feingold)
Date: Mon Nov 28 07:30:25 2005

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. Too bad/scary about film availability, but good that
you are shooting and developing silver. I have been busy (for real, kids and
work) but lazy about developing silver so I shoot 400CN or XP2 these days
for B&W.

Yes the iiif is nice and pocketable, but really capable. On my trip last
week I took Fuji 800 figuring I would PS to B&W if anything presented
itself, but enjoy the extra stop for shooting :).  My main lens was actually
the 28 3.5  from Cosina but at one point I met a young Israeli cellist on a
train (Boston to NY) and she was fascinated by the little Leica. She fired
off two pics of me, one with the CV 28 and the other with the Elmar. I was
amazed (just from the machine print) how favorably this Elmar compared. It
is coated an one that I just picked up so hadn't used much.

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

David