Subject: [Leica] Keep your camera clean folks...
From: ajt at mrps.demon.co.uk (Tony Terlecki)
Date: Tue Nov 22 15:42:23 2005

...or at least inspect your negs more frequently than I do!

I'm the sort of person who literally has years of backlogged images to
print. Just recently I thought I'd get to work to clear the backlog and
I started with some frames I took last week. The first frame I printed I
noticed a hair mark in the top left hand corner of the print. Not a white
hair mark however which would have indicated a  hair in the neg carrier
or on the paper but a dark hair mark - something was blocking the neg
when the exposure was taken. I looked at all the negs on the sheet - same
hair mark. I went back to the previous weeks negs - same hair mark. Back
and back I went and do you know when this hair mark started invading
every frame taken with that camera? Two years ago!!!

I'm a bit gutted as I know there's some good stuff to be printed. Must
have happened when I was loading film one evening outside with cotton
gloves on - a hair must have attached itself.

Anyway, should I ever be famous with images in galleries all over the place
(yeah right!) you can all point out to everyone this little abberation
in the corner and tell them the story about how long I'd gone without
noticing!....or else I could just go digital and clone it out!

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk