Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 46: BENELUG in Antwerp
From: bernard.degaute at skynet.be (Bernard Degaute)
Date: Tue Nov 22 05:56:12 2005

>...but for my PAW I have chosen to show you my fellow LUGgers.
> In the spirit of the occasion, several of these were taken with a Leica
> lens.

Nathan, Michiel, Philippe,

Thank you for that nice galery of BLuggers (B for best ?). As often said
it's a good opportunity to put friendly face upon a well known name. I'm
sorry to miss this meeting but I was on duty all this WE.

>Finally, the only picture that does NOT contain fellow LUGgers. "Madame
>Pippi" is a Belgian institution. Her job is to sit outside a public
>toilet to collect money. I have never seen one doing anything else
>beyond emptying the dish with the coins. Here are two of them taking a
>break from that hard work:

Well done! I would add that sometimes you can see one knitting. Two  weeks
ago I experimented one public toilet in Brugge (in the inner yard of the
belfry) : very clean - smiling lady - 30 cents (as you know almost
impossible to elude the tip). Sometimes, you can also find a 'Monsieur Pipi'
(for example on the Zand in Brugge too, but it's now closed) but they are
MUCH more difficult to escape than the ladies. All those informations for
our American (Australian, Canadian and so on) friends who plan to visit our
beautiful country. Feel free to email me (off or on list :-) ) to get the
best addresses !

I hope to  see you next time
Bernard
bernard.degaute@skynet.be