Subject: [Leica] test of your Leica knowledge
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 20 16:10:29 2005

On 11/20/05 7:45 AM, "Philippe Orlent" <philippe.orlent@pandora.be> typed:

> Add 'how did you find out about the LUG?'
>
> Op 20-nov-05, om 16:43 heeft Kyle Cassidy het volgende geschreven:
>

>> who is rat_sassy?
>>
>> what lugger can you turn to if you need a complex alpha mask made
>> in 15
>> minutes?
>>
>> how many photos does graham battison take in a day, and are they
>> all THAT
>> GOOD?
>>
>> what lugger knows the most about bees? what one has photographed

GeeBee of course!

I'm ok Just as long as I get my ten second delay.
Extract foot from mouth and come up with a better one.
And spell check. I don't get these on the sidewalk running into an old
friend.

For times though on the LUG I need longer than a ten second delay.
I save it to the drafts folder to sleep on it.
However I often don't check my drafts folder.
So half of those drafts never see the light of day.
They're just accidents waiting to never happen.
The other half I fine tune beyond all recognition. Watch out!
"drafts are drek" somebody says.
Rewrite rewrite rewrite
Location location location.
Taking into account the hours I spend laughing at my own jokes.

I can spot on my first cup of coffee in the morning all my fuzzy punchlines
with undotted I's or T's needing crossing.
Seems like the email business is all about not making an ass of yourself on
a very fast first draft. But sometimes like in a letter we just have to deal
on a higher plane. (and get miles)
I just hope live conversion on the internet does not hit me here and take
over soon because I'll unplug right there; preferring to let my fingers to
my talking. I'll write letters!

Someone calls me or I run into them on the sidewalk I say "I'm on the run
email me!". Then I can Jeeves things I find to be inscrutable and get them
back with something even more inscrutable.
Mapquest any mentioned location location location.
And Google-Image any and all visuals and save them to my Filemaker database.

My PowerBook is arriving soon that I'm sure will change my lifestyle in ways
I'll never anticipate. I might live in a tent with a solar panel close to a
Starbucks. It will be several times faster and in all ways more powerful
than this G4 I'm typing into. A 340 MHz I think.

I'll be Photoshopping on the fly.
ad-libbing ITUNES
Unpremeditated POWERPOINT.
EXCEL Extemporaneously
Impulsive PORTFOLIO-ing
BURNING DVD'S with no with little or no preparation or forethought
Laid-back QUICKENing
MICROSOFT done by one's own choice when the power and so on.
off-the-cuff FINAL DRAFT
Some free and uncompelled IPHOTO.
Improvised INDESIGN
EMAIL unconstrained by rigid standards or ceremony
NORTONing as it comes natural
WORD without prompting, or planning
Web Surfing on the spur of the occasion.
Unrehearsed PDF'ing.

Snap! Adobe Creative suite CS2

I'm going to Play It by Ear

Mark Rabiner