Subject: [Leica] OT: Bronica 645 RF?
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Mon Nov 14 07:04:00 2005

The term "Texas Leica" seems to be applied to giant medium format
rangefinders, like the Fuji or Mamiya. I was playing around with a Fuji at a
camera show in Montreal a couple of weeks ago, and while the
range/viewfinder was remarkably bright and contrasty, I found the enormous
bulk ot the camera (the "Texas" part of the package) just went against the
Leica philosophy. I am a great fan of medium format folders, and my idea of
a Texas Leica would be something like a Zeiss Super Ikonta B or a
Voigtlander Bessa II. If you include Leicas without focussing aids, like the
Standard or the 1g in the equation, I'd add medium format folders like the
Voigtlander Perkeo II. All superb shooters that will fit into a jacket
pocket, and in the case of the Perkeo, into a shirt pocket. Isn't
compactness and portability central to the Leica ethos? Or am I just fond of
Rhode Island Leicas?

Mark

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Bronica 645 RF?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: Bronica 645 RF?)