Subject: [Leica] My first problem with Vignetting--Hama hoods
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Sun Nov 13 23:45:49 2005

I will say that the Hama 49mm and 55mm adjustable, plastic, rectangular
hoods don't flare or vignette w/ my 35 or 50, but are too big horizontally
and intrude into the VF. I wish they were square instead. They also tend to
fall off because they are not screw-in but friction- fit.

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:OK, I got it... A full roll of
film, with several shots vignetted in the
corners. I always use a hood, but not all my hoods were made specifically
for the lenses I use them on.. sometimes the hoods are for a generation
before the lens.

So now, to testing.... I have to figure out which combo I use that does not
work right.....

I may try the .. open the back and the shutter and just plain look at the
corners through the back as you put the hood on, or I may have to try a roll
of film and some reasonably straight forward record keeping.....

We'll see.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net