Subject: [Leica] OT: bronica 645 RF?
From: bruent at shaw.ca (Bruce)
Date: Sun Nov 13 12:44:39 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, Luis Miguel Casta wrote:
> Handheld low-light photography isn't practical with MF as you fall
> into slow speeds quite easily and even a f2.8 lens will require any
> sort of camera support. Under 1/30 your chances to get a handheld
> sharp image are almost null, perhaps a bit higher with the big wides.

While the usual TLR (or RF MF) lens is slower than the typical primes
used on a 35mm RF, the larger image area and the steadiness of a
Rolleiflex (or similar camera) makes these less unsuited to low light
than you imply, and as long as the subject is not moving too much,
objects on scene (furniture, walls, or a table tripod) extend the lower
range further This also works with a faster lensed 35mm camera, but it
is often easier to view with a"braced" TLR. Not strictly hand held, but
low light and not too restricted for it. In really low light like
streets at night I would rather use an RF with something faster than
f/2, but if things are not so dim a MF (at least non-SLR) goes quite
far.

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] OT: bronica 645 RF?)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] OT: bronica 645 RF?)