Subject: [Leica] Pics from Houten photo fair
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Nov 12 10:32:27 2005

Last Sunday I went to Houten, a suburb of Utrecht, to attend the
Fotografica Beaurs, Europe's largest indoor photo equipment fair. I met
up with fellow LUGger Michiel Fokkema there.

The event was truly huge. Too bad I was not in the market for medium
format equipment, because there were LOTS of Hasselblads, Bronicas,
Mamiyas etc. at what two years ago would have been considered totally
ridiculous prices. Leica equipment seems to hold its value better;
Michiel told me that prices on that have fallen too, but I got there
about 4 hours after the fair opened, so by then the best bargains had
been snapped up and the prices I saw were not particularly great.

In any event, I was not looking for anything in particular, but as
always I was on the prowl for images. The results are here:
http://wajsman.smugmug.com/gallery/960030

Michiel scored a 28mm Elmarit R at a great price, but sans lens hood.
Within 15 minutes he had found the approprite hood at another stall, and
he tested the lens on my Canon 1DII. The victims were his father-in-law
and yours truly:
http://wajsman.smugmug.com/gallery/960030/1/44157646
http://wajsman.smugmug.com/gallery/960030/1/44157652

These old Leica lenses can still perform!

Comments and donations welcome as always.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands