Subject: [Leica] OT: which enlarger lens
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Nov 11 16:14:22 2005

OK.  Don't laugh at me, but many years ago, when I was even a poorer teacher
just starting out I bought an 80mm Vivitar VHE enlarging lens.  It says
"made in germany" but I don't know by whom.  A friend had a the latest and
greatest Schneider at the time and he brought it over and we made some
comparison prints.  The Vivitar was sharper in the corners and equal in the
center.  The contrast looked the same.  He ended up buying one for himself.
So, if you can find one it is worth the $10 bucks or so you might pay.

Aram

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] OT: which enlarger lens)