Subject: [Leica] Interesting info for digitographers
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Nov 9 01:31:52 2005

Hello Luis,
I don't think we have to dig that far at all.
The most important thing I see in the article I read, is that putting
more and more smaller pixels on a sensor  is not the right way to go in
sensor technology. The smaller they are, the more limited the range of
apertures you can use. In this respect the Foveon sensor seems to be the
most sensible solution, 3 layers,one for each RGB channel and all with
large pixels.  It looks like we may already have reached the end of the
road for high resolution combined with great DOF (small apertures).
Viele Gr??e
Douglas