Subject: [Leica] RE: Infra-Red
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Sat Nov 5 08:44:01 2005

Luis, Mark, et.al. -

Thanks for the comment - and I agree, finding IR film is getting more
difficult - but as of this morning

Glaziers list all three formats of Macophot IR film as in stock, but the two
smaller are listed as

Cachet Maco film, and also B&H has all three as well, and sheets going up to
8x10 for those lucky

enough to be able to use one of those!.

BTW - the reason I get so excited about 820 is that it has an anti-halation
layer on it, unlike Kodak's

film.  This keeps the light from bouncing off of the film pressure plate and
flaring the film,

which is where a lot of the IR glow comes from.  You get the strange
"coloration" of seeing in

IR light, but you still get sharp easily scanned or printed images!

I have a box of 4x5 out in the garage freezer, time to get more, in 35 and
4x5, and maybe

even shoot more!

Best of light -

Norm

Luis wrote:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Norms_Images/Katie_at_Kubota_Gardens
> is an
> example of Macophot's maco-820 IR film, which is available in all
> formats
> (35, roll and sheet),

Was available, or at least that's what I've heard, it has been
discontinued by Maco in favour of the Rollei Infrared that seems to
be the same.

BTW great image.