Subject: [Leica] Re: Film vs. Digital
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Nov 2 22:43:39 2005

Hi Sonny,
are you giving up on digital because you tend not to print from
digital files or because of print longevity?
I am a keen amateur but I find, whilst I - much - prefer using my M6
a digital camera suits my requirements much better. I take a camera
everywhere but rarely take more than a handful of shots. The ability
to change ISO to suit conditions and to download my pictures as soon
as I get home are the deciding factors for me for everyday use.
When we went on holiday to Iceland this August I took film and
digital cameras - I took 12 rolls of film and 1400 digital pictures.
Due to lack of spare time I have so far scanned 4 frames from the
film (one evenings work for me) but I have looked at a fair
proportion of the digital shots.
If there is a digital M which feels like my M6 and at least matches
35mm film I will almost certainly get one, I much prefer the M to a
reflex and will be glad to be able to use my lovely M and LTM lenses
more often again.
all the best,
Frank