Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital M futures
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Nov 1 15:49:32 2005

>Sounds good to me and I'll get really excited when it is unveiled at
>Photokina.
>
>Now about the new Leica MP3 (which despite its name isn't an electronic
>plaything):
>
>Who saw/handled the MP3 at the LHSA meeting? What did you think? Chrome or
>black? The new frameline config. in the viewfinder? What about that lens?
>
>Emanuel

The camera didn't stand out from regular MP's as far as I was
concerned, with the exeption of the counter dial - which you may
prefer or not. The frame lines available were nice, but only, of
course, if you only intend to use those lenses.

Speaking of lenses, the 'classic' mount style of the 50/1.4 ASPH made
it clear how much larger it is than the old Summilux. With hood it
looks considerably larger than the 75/2. That was the biggest visual
difference in the set.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design