Subject: [Leica] Posy the cat,dreaming
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Oct 30 00:18:48 2005

Shame on you B.D.,  and thanks for looking too ;-)

Yes - a recognised breed, the long-haired version of the Abyssinian,
comes in two main "colours", Sorrel, like Posy, and a rich red brown tabby
colouring too (like her sister Lucy on one of the other shots).
Supposedly one of the closest breeds to the "origins of the domestic
housecat", at least I read that somewhere.
 From our experience:
Rather aloof, intelligent and very devious, very talkative but not
loud,very communicative in gestures and sounds, extremely inquisitive,
fast on the ground (like greased lightning when they get going) but no
good at climbing trees, extremely territorial (then they do get VERY
loud), and very odd - they don't scratch and bite, even as kittens and
they like to be very close but refuse to sit on laps.
Douglas
Oh yes, they're very soft and cuddly too.