Subject: [Leica] Counting down the last few days to the end of FOM2 submission
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Oct 29 22:50:05 2005

I realize the switch to digital has altered peoples shooting habits,
and with Leica being slow and "expensive", it has changed the images
and the photographers who are  contributing to FOM2. This has really
interested me over these 5 years, it was a great time to pick to do
such a project. The changes in the world and in photography in
particular all show up across the series. I know my "standards" for
FOM2 submission have increased: I actually try to edit my work with the
viewer in mind. I look forward to more surprises when we judge this
years group. Many good images are going to miss out. We will be
choosing something like one in fifteen so its tough competition. I also
have a funny feeling that we may have more photographers in the final
100 images this time around. So many of you have shown (at least in my
eyes and Helen's as well) so much improvement. The top 100 may not be
all that much better than those from the first year, but there is bound
to be  a bigger spread of people, techniques and images.

Hope to see your additions soon. I wish I had time to go out and shoot
more: looking through the images is very inspiring.

Cheers to all