Subject: [Leica] Focusing test of Oly E-500 - B. D. PAW
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Oct 29 11:01:45 2005

I present these purely as an equipment test, NOT as examples of photography
worth comment.:-)
But after all the back and forth about where the E-500 was or wasn't
focusing...
I think I focused on the right-hand eye - my right hand - in both of these..
http://gallery.leica-users.org/B-D-COLEN-PAW/Qtip1
http://gallery.leica-users.org/B-D-COLEN-PAW/Qtip2
Both were shot with the E-500, 11-22 mm zoom at 11 (35 mm equiv is 22 mm) -
f 2.8, 400 iso. This result suggests to me that any focusing errors in those
subway shots were mine, and had to do with train motion, my motion, and
shooting in haste to avoid being punched - :-) - and had nothing to do with
the camera.

And, yes, her name is Qtip - she's all white with a smudge on the top of her
head. I kept trying to force every one to call her Mona, because she was
doing that constantly until she was, uh, altered. But needless to say, I
lost out on that one. :-)

Replies: Reply from dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason) ([Leica] Focusing test of Oly E-500 - B. D. PAW)