Subject: [Leica] How are folks handling non-standard matting issues?
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Oct 27 09:49:38 2005

Adam,

I order custom-cut mats from these folks:
http://www.framingsupplies.com/HandCutMats.htm

It's a good way to go, if you need a fair number of mats.  As long as you
order $100 worth of mats,  you get the "Volume Mats" pricing, which is very
inexpensive, especially for custom cut.  You could then hand out matted
prints that would fit in a standard frame.

For example, for an 11x14 mat (with window size cut exactly how you
specify) white core mat is $1.27, black core is $1.41, ragmat is
$2.11.  Plus $0.63 for the backing board.  Minimum of 6 cut the same
way.  The web page has pricing for other sizes.  I double-mat my stuff,
ordering one set of mats with the window size for the photo and then
another set with a window size 1/2" bigger.  I've been ordering from them
about twice a year for the past 2 years, and have been pleased.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] How are folks handling non-standard matting issues?)
Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC) ([Leica] How are folks handling non-standard matting issues?)