Subject: [Leica] NC State Fair AND A NEW BEGINNING!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Oct 25 20:30:22 2005

Ric old buddy there are only two shots here worth posting!!

Sorry mate that's life in the realities of pictures that stop people to
really look.  All the rest are snapshots of no consequence!

Sorry to sound so smack dab ornery, but other than the two, first one
reaction, a beauty! First class your re-action to the action. The lady
sitting at the side of the road with cigarette and coke preparing for the
cancer ward. Good capture of a life moment!

The rest do absolutely nothing but are exposures.

I bet you didn't think you'd get that kind of response. ;-)

But that's life when one posts to the LUG from now on and I figure it's
about time we stopped kissing each others butts with the sweet talk of...
"oh I like that! Nice picture"  bull shit! When in real life it makes one
puke.

So get ready folks the old grouch is coming down on you to start improving
your picture taking. Yes and I will tell you what you did wrong or how to
have improved it.

Yep there's any number who are photo champions everytime they post!

Then there's the others who post some incredibly poor stuff that could've
been a damn fine picture with a bit more thought or understanding of how to
use available light they're shooting with!  So be it, get yer butts ready it
might be a rocky ride! Then agin it might be as sweet as a piece of Mom's
apple pie! ;-)

You want to be better photographers? Well OK, lets get with it! If yer good
you get the praise, you post crap yer going to get worked over! :-)

Damn don't you love it when the old guy gets cranky? :-) Yeah OK maybe my
meds aren't working tonight, so tough! ;-) Live with it! But by gosh yer
sure going to learn from it! So there! :-)

Don't forget, when you come back on this with any rebuttal, I'm a senior
citizen and I can have you arrested for threats! ;-)

ted. :-)

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] NC State Fair AND A NEW BEGINNING!)
Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] NC State Fair AND A NEW BEGINNING!)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] NC State Fair AND A NEW BEGINNING!)