Subject: [Leica] #366/ rumor
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Oct 25 08:55:44 2005

From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>

To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: 25 October 2005 16:22
Subject: Re: [Leica] #366/ rumor

> On Oct 25, 2005, at 7:35 AM, GeeBee wrote:
>
> > From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
> >
> > Subject: [Leica] #366/ rumor
> >

> >> A rumor has just come to my attention.... that you took them all on
> >> the same day... I say that's impossible/no way, the clouds are much
> >> too variable...
> >>
> >> could you please clarify ?
> >>
> >> thanks,  Steve

> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > I was asked about my schedule on the OM list and this was my reply:
> >
> > In general terms I shoot weekends only (holidays excepted) and
> > alternate
> > between Olympus and Leica gear and you are correct in guessing
> > that many
> > are taken on the same day. A new lens acquisition, as was the case
> > recently
> > with Leica,  will shift the balance slightly for a couple of weeks
> > while I
> > play with the new toy :-) From the one or two films I expose I hope
> > to get
> > seven postable shots. I didn't mine a back catalogue they were all
> > taken
> > this year, usually, but not always, on the preceding weekend.
> >
> > The 68 days to spare came from posting to both lists some days.
> > Thanks for
> > looking.
>

> thanks GeeBee, that's what I thought... seems pretty clear and
> reassuring that all 366 shots weren't taken on the same day...
>
> the rumor had it that you were like Ted Grant with 5 camera bodies,
> shooting 85 rolls of film on the same day....
>
> whew....  thanks for clarifying...   !
>
> :-)
>
> Steve

---------------

Hi Steve,

I imagined the rumourmonger to be a digital shooter :-) It never occurred to
me that anyone would shoot 366 film frames in one day.

The grand total so far is well over 366 because I didn't count these:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Walks/Furtho/index.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Walks/Zuikoholics_02/index.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Walks/Zuikoholics_02/index.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Walks/Bugbrooke/index.htm

or the occasional updates here:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/index.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/M-Z/index.htm

Now all I have to do is try to figure out why on earth someone would start a
rumour that I only shoot one day a year :-)

--Graham

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] #366/ rumor)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] #366/ rumor)
Message from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] #366/ rumor)