Subject: [Leica] Difficult Story To Shoot
From: cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran)
Date: Sat Oct 22 23:28:06 2005

These kind of memorials bring out many emotions, sometimes facts are
lost in these emotions.
No one holds the "patent" on suffering when it comes to war. To me 1
loss is too many.
Getting in the numbers game is never good enough. Too many people die
in wars from all cultures, all countries.
No one holds the truth, no one. We are led to believe too many lies,
mainly from our leaders who's sons and daughters don't see the dark and
wrath of war. It is always the sons and daughters of the poor who have
the high numbers cost in war, no matter if you are from the south, west
coast, east coast or eastern block.
I do not have the authority to have people not discuss these matters in
a forum but I can tell you, I left a photo forum because of the nasty
things people said to each other, who were friendly in photography.
I will say this though, these are not times for divisions, it is time
that wisdom prevails. This is a group of amazingly wise people who hold
a tool that help bring better things to the world through the truth of
an image. Photography can show us the suffering that maybe we are not
aware of but it can also show us the happines that surrounds us even if
we don't think it exist. Both are elements of our human nature.

peace

David