Subject: [Leica] Pitching for a job
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu Oct 20 19:46:20 2005

on 10/20/05 7:20 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@gmail.com wrote:

> I was shooting in bursts (it's about the only way to get sports
> photos, even in the days of film...hahaha) but since it's the 1Ds MkII
> the bursts aren't particularly fast by the standards of most sports
> photogs.
>
> BUT...in this particular case, as I look at the images, I find that it
> is a single snap although this pitcher's previous and next pitches
> were both shot in burst-mode. And none of them were as good.
>
> Amazing.
>
> Adam

It's something others have noted, I believe it was Dave Rodgers.  Fast frame
rates aren't always the panacea they're made out to be; it's timing and
practice, practice, practice whether you use a burst mode or single shot.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Pitching for a job)