Subject: [Leica] PAW 43 - Engineers/sad day for German Steam
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Oct 19 11:56:16 2005

Not quite as bad as first reported, only 20% of the preserved stock was
destroyed, this was the part of the national collection which was stored
outside the main museum site. However the only surviving Baureihe 23,
the last steam loco series built in Germany, is damaged beyond repair.
The heat of the fire was so intense that several diesel locomotives
literally exploded.
Douglas