Subject: [Leica] Re:New 12.8 megapixel 5D. Leicanon!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Oct 19 09:24:40 2005

F?lix L?pez de Maturana offered:

> I'm just shooting right now with 5D and 14mm f2.8, 16-35mm f2.8 and
> 24-105mm f4. It's too early for  having complete conclusions but saying
> that "all the image is smeared...other than central portion" is merely an
> exaggeration, and I'm a user of Leica R with 21-35mm zoom and >Leica M
> with 21mm lenses. You have shot many, many pictures with >your excellent-
> Canon 20D, just give the 5D an opportunity! There are >some important
> members of the LUG -I don't need mentioning them-  >who started shooting
> with digital Canon "and" Leica lenses. Good match. >But I'm watching that,
> more and more, they are actually  using  right now >Canon lenses too.<<<<<

Hi Felix,
I think it's possible you may have read my post in error. The comments
 >>"all the image is smeared...other than central portion"<< was a comment
 >>by
Robert Stevens from his experience and an image on the Canon internet site,
not mine.

I trust in the next couple of days to be using a 5D with the 15mm Leica R
lens, one of my favourites for travel photography assignments and interiors,
and I'll see for myself.

If as Robert has shown and offered, the images are badly smeared I'll stay
with my 20D and the 10mm-22mm lens for superwide frames at the moment until
this situation is corrected.

ted..