Subject: [Leica] CLOISTERS/PEOPLE
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Oct 18 11:01:29 2005

The Cloisters in upper Manhattan is a reproduction of a Medieval
castle set on a tall bluff overlooking the Hudson.  It's about
70-years old.  The Metropolitan Museum of Art operates it as a museum
of Medieval art.  I have been trying to get people in my photos more
often and used this visit to push the envelope a bit.

Visitors looked at art:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/03_29_0341_web

Studied the castle:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/03_23_0335_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/04_15_0302_web

and just took in the warm late-September mid-afternoon sun.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/06_02_0177_web

These were all shot with an M7 and either a current version 50
Elmarit or 35 mm Summicron ASPH on Fuji Press 400 film.  The images
are from professional 2 K x 3K scans converted to B&W in Photoshop
with only the usual cropping and level tweaking done in connection
with the conversion.

Comments welcome as always.
--
Regards,