Subject: [Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Oct 18 01:47:40 2005

On 18/10/2005, at 10:00, Richard wrote:

> Quick :-) According to the Digitaltruth dev chart, both Tri X and
> HP5+ have the same development time using DDX. I happen to have 2
> rolls of Tri X and 1 roll of HP5+. Would there be any problem
> putting them all in the same tank?>

that's not a good idea because the antihalation layer of the new
TriX, which should require a previous water bath that HP-5 does not
need and Iflord dont recommend. That bath will change the times for
both films, usually making them a  bit longer, probably the
Digitaltruth time takes care of it for the TriX and not for the HP5.

I don't know if the antihalation layer reacts with the developer or
not in case to decide to do not rinse. Anyway the only way to know it
is trying, but I won't make it  :)

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank)