Subject: [Leica] Tree Huggers
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Oct 14 09:56:03 2005

Adam Bridge wrote:

>So do  you think this a a two-year-old that's been run up the tree by
>mom and now is on his own? I understand that bears don't normally
>climb trees unless they really have to.
>
>Nice shot! At 3200 you say!
>
>Adam
>
>On 10/14/05, David Young <telyt@telus.net> showed:
>

>>What they were looking at can be seen by going to
>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and then clicking on the "Featured Photo".

Hi Adam!

He was a pretty big bear... my guess would be 4 to 5 years.  And, no, he
wasn't run up the tree by his mom.  When I first got there, he was
hiding in the bushes and very hard to see.  Shortly after I got there,
another car arrived... and soon after that, he (she?) got curious and
went up the tree for a better look.  After getting the shot you've seen,
I ran to the car for my monopod.  By the time I'd returned, he'd moved
further up, for an even better view of us!

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/bear-3.htm

As for not normally climbing unless they have to... you're right... but
I guess curiosity got the better of him, and he "had" to!

If you prefer 2 year olds, in trees, check out the two year old who
stole the crab-apples from the tree in my front yard, last Tuesday.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/bear-2.htm   (These shots are not good,
technically, but they're way too much fun!)

Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to look!

Cheers!

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC