Subject: [Leica] Woods Hole
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Oct 11 18:39:00 2005

Doug - Ah, yes.  Conducive to prayer, too.  Currents up to 7 knots, a
narrow channel, rocks on both sides to intimidate you into really
paying attention, and even a rock at one place IN the channel just to
add to thrill if you don't know where it is.  Also the most confusing
buoy arrangement possible as you approach from the Sound.  Summer
winds usually around 20 knots.  What a place!

I've been sailing there for about 40 years and still use a chart
going through the Hole in anything bigger than 18 feet.

The big sport on the weekends is to sit on the porch of our club and
watch people go aground in all the usual spots.

Glad to find a fellow enthusiast on the LUG.

But, as I say, don't tell another soul about the place.