Subject: [Leica] Nocti-luck
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 11:08:11 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 12:21:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
r.s.taylor@comcast.net writes:
I really like #1 for its simplicity and the  contrast in the colors.

Initially I tried cropping #2 on my screen to
focus attention on the running figure and only
the lower bright part of  the sky, but after
looking at both crops, I decided I liked it the
way  you posted it.

#3 has me scratching my head a bit.  Was your
intention  primarily to contrast the colors?
------------------------------

Yeah, I liked the play of the colors.  I saw the firetruck coming,  so I set
up the shot and waited for him to land in the right spot.  One of  the
reasons
I am going back to film is that the camera will shoot when I want it  to,
not
after it calculates all the stuff in the histogram, minus the phase of  the
moon.

The groceruy shot was similar.  I saw the kid coming, set up the shot  and
waited until he arrived. I probably could have waited one more  step.

Thanks.
Sonny

>Four shots  with a Leica M7,  Noctilux,   and Fuji 800
>German camera, Canadian lens, Japanese   film
>
>Only the banana flower is at   f1
>
>http://www.sonc.com/banana_flower2.htm
>
>http://www.sonc.com/grocery.htm
>
>http://www.sonc.com/firetruck_corner.htm