Subject: [Leica] 5D shot
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Thu Oct 6 19:59:26 2005

B.D.:

I am not sure if it works correctly with all the Canon cameras.  I
took a 1D file and opened it in Canon's file viewer utility and
transferred it to photoshop and then opened the raw file directly
using the Adobe RAW.  I got two totally different color balances.  In
both programs I was using as shot.  It was a night game, so the light
was always changing, but I had done a custom white balance at some point.

The Adobe ACR is the one on the left.

http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/ACR_CFVU.jpg

BTW, if I selected auto white in the Adobe Camera Raw, it made the
image look pretty decent.   I suppose you could open a whole shoot in
ACR and select all and then set auto white balance and then have it
save as mid sized jpegs to give you something to show the clients.

This is the same shot selecting auto white in Adobe Camera RAW.

Regards,

Robert